COVID-19 Pandemic Response and Impact Grant Program
Registration for Phase II is now closed. The Foundation for Advancing Family Medicine (FAFM) and the CMA Foundation (CMAF) are pleased to announce the Request for Proposals for Phase II of the COVID-19 Pandemic Response and Impact Grant (Co-RIG) Program will launch on January 28, 2021.
About Co-RIG Phase II
Co-RIG Phase II will focus on innovations and initiatives that prepare family physicians and their interprofessional teams to cope with current challenges related to the pandemic and/or its longer-term impact. Projects may involve scaling up existing innovations or propelling new initiatives that respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. Project duration Co-RIG Phase II will consider funding projects up to 18 months in duration. Funds available The maximum amount of funding available is up to $250,000 per project. The Co-RIG Program will consider a wide range of budget scenarios to encourage a breadth of innovations.
Applications must be clearly linked to one or more of the priority domains listed below:
- Responding to priority populations such as nursing home residents, Indigenous People, homeless people, people suffering from addictions, immigrants, or rural populations
- Developing effective intersectoral collaboration, particularly between primary care and public health
- Training future family physicians and providing continuing professional development related to pandemic planning and response
- Developing innovative models of care or practice to ensure safe, continuous, accessible, and comprehensive care is available to all patients, particularly those with chronic, comorbid, and neglected health conditions, including mental health and substance abuse issues
- Safeguarding the health and safety of health care providers and team members
Registration and application process
- Registration for Phase II is mandatory and applicants must register by February 16 to be able to move on to the application stage. Upon satisfactory registration verification, applicants will be sent a personalized email link to access and complete the full online application.
- Registrations and applications are to be uploaded and processed through an online portal, which can be found at https://co-rig.cmaf-famc.org/en/.
- The principal applicant must be a member of the College of Family Physicians of Canada who has been in good standing for at least one year.
- Phase I applicants and recipients are eligible to apply for Phase II Co-RIG funding.
|Co-RIG Phase II Program launch (registration opens)||January 28, 2021|
|Registration deadline||February 16, 2021|
|Application deadline||April 6, 2021|